Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Mere's Homemade Ranch

Mere's Homemade Ranch


1C Mayonnaise*
1C Buttermilk
1/2 t black pepper (freshly ground is best)
1/2 t salt
1/2 t garlic powder
1/2 t onion powder
1t fresh thyme leaves
1T finely chopped parsley

Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl or large measuring cup and whisk until smooth.  Keep refrigerated until ready to use, up to a couple of weeks.

* You have to use actual, full fat mayo.  I prefer Hellman's or Duke's.  If you MUST go low fat, you can substitute half or all of the mayo for full fat Greek yogurt BUT the flavor and texture will not be 'ranchy.'  

The Chicken Pie pictured above is adapted from Jamie Oliver's Spring Chicken Pie with a couple of changes:
  1. I used small Yukon Gold potatoes, cubed.
  2. I used boneless, skinless chicken thighs instead of bone-in, skin-on. 
  3. I substituted lemon thyme for the tarragon.
  4. I substituted chopped baby spinach for the watercress.
  5. I forgot to add the mustard...Sophie and Mike loved this without it though. (Sophie loved it so much, she had leftovers for breakfast this morning.)

No comments:

Post a Comment